Join us in Minneapolis, MN for the 2018 Collegiate Leadership Institute (CLI). The CLI provides student-specific sessions on career and leadership skills at the annual SWE conference. Participants learn from career and leadership experts, gain new skills, and network with current and future SWE professionals. Check out the highlights from the CLI at WE17.
CLI will be hosted at the WE18 Annual Conference in Minneapolis, MN October 18-20th. All CLI sessions on Saturday, October 20 are required (9:00am - 4:00pm). Optional activities will be offered on other conference days.
Accepted CLI participants will receive a code for complimentary WE18 conference registration. Travel costs are the responsibility of participants.
CLI is open to undergraduate and graduate students who:
- Are pursuing a STEM degree.
- Are current members of SWE in good standing.
- Have a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Commit to attend all CLI sessions on Saturday, October 20, 2018.
- Wish to develop leadership and career skills in preparation for the transition to a full-time career.
Applications will be accepted here through Saturday, June 30, 2018.
Applicants will be asked to confirm eligibility as well as answer the following questions via either a short video or essay:
- How are you a leader at your school, within SWE and/or in your community? How do your leadership roles connect to your passion for engineering and STEM?
- How will gaining further career and leadership skills contribute to the next step in your engineering journey? What are your plans for future leadership?